ABOUT THE LIBRARY
1. Where is the library? 770 Park Street, Woodland, WA
2. What are the library hours?
- Monday-Tuesday 10am-6pm
- Wednesday 10am-8pm
- Thursday-Friday 10am-6pm
Drop by, meet the great staff, and see what this small-town, dynamic library offers you!
3. What is the library’s phone number? 360-906-4830
ABOUT BOOK SALES
1. When is the next used book sale and where is it?
Coming in October 2017 to Woodland Community Center, 782 Park Street, across from Woodland Middle School
Every bit of your purchase goes directly to fund library goals, programs, and services!
2. How can I donate books for the book sale?
Simply drop books off at the Friends’ collection barrel just inside the entrance to the library, and take a blank receipt for a tax deduction (beside the barrel), or for bulk donations, call our book sales leader, Sharon Watt at 360-225-2294 to arrange a drop off or pick up. We love donors! (Note: No encyclopedias, magazines, or computer textbooks, please.)
ABOUT THE FRIENDS
1. What are the Friends of Woodland Community Library?
The Friends is a group of citizens passionate about the benefits of a community library. We work to support our local library through fundraising, advocacy, and volunteering, and we’re always happy to welcome new Friends.
2. When do the Friends meet and can I attend a meeting?
Board meetings are held at 1:30pm on the second Thursday of each month at Woodland Community Center, 782 Park Street, 98674. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Fundraising Committee meetings are held at 1:30pm on the fourth Thursday of each month at the same location. All are welcome here, too.
3. What does it cost to join the Friends?
You’ll like this answer! Year-long memberships are $5 per individual, $10 per family, and $25 per business. What a steal. Of course, additional donations are always welcome!
4. How can I join the Friends?
Simply click on JOIN US! and follow the links to complete a membership form.
ABOUT A NEW LIBRARY FOR WOODLAND
1. Why does Woodland need a new library?
The current 106-year-old building
- Is too small to house the collections our community needs
- Allows no access to the second floor for those with mobility issues
- Cannot be rewired to expand technology or support an elevator
- Has worn out, iffy wiring, plumbing, heating, cooling, and flooring
- Has no dedicated space for children, teens, or meetings
It’s impossible for our current library to serve the needs of our growing community, provide a community gathering place, or become a place of community pride.
2. With the advent of the Internet, do we even need libraries?
If you want a million answers, go to the Internet; if you want the right answer, ask a librarian. The Internet has expanded personal access to information, but it has also expanded access to misinformation and questionable sources. Librarians and their staffs are trained to identify accurate information and credible sources. They can provide access to proprietary databases and other sources of information that most of us would not be able to access on our own.
1. How can I support the library?
- By joining the Friends
- By donating books for our used book sales (see ABOUT BOOK SALES above)
- By volunteering at library programs
- By donating dollars or other items
- By volunteering at Friends’ fundraising events
- By serving on the Friends’ board or one of its committees
2. How can I become a volunteer?
It’s easy. Just call Friends’ president, Shirley Clukey at 619-368-2715 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’re interested!
3. How can I donate money?
Just click on DONATE and follow the link provided. Be sure to indicate that your donation is for Woodland Community Library!
4. What is The Cornerstone Society and how does one become a member?
The Cornerstone Society is made up of those who contribute $1,000 or more to the Woodland Community Library building fund. Call 619-368-2715 or email email@example.com to arrange for someone to deliver a Cornerstone form to you. What a great way to leave a lasting legacy that will benefit your community for many years to come.
5. May I pay my Cornerstone pledge over time?
Yes! You may choose to pay all at once or choose monthly, quarterly, or yearly donations. You may pay in cash, by check, or by credit card.
6. May I remain anonymous?
Yes. Just let us know your wishes.
7. May I make a memorial gift?
Yes, a memorial gift is a wonderful and lasting way to remember a loved one.
8. May a give a gift other than dollars?
Yes. Non-cash gifts, such as stocks, life insurance plans, and donations from estate planning efforts are welcome. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
9. How much of my donation actually goes to library programs or to the building fund?
All of it!
More questions? Call us at 619-368-2715, or email us at email@example.com.